We are out of stock, but more will be coming soon! We will contact you when your order is completed and inform you on your delivery date.
While the PCB is shown, this comes fully assembled.
Looking for the ultimate classroom project? Eyeing a high altitude balloon project? Have an extra $10,000 for a satellite launch? Look no further than the Twig Femtosatellite!
This satellite, fully assembled, is packed with plenty of amazing features.
Even better, its Arduino-compatible, leveraging the Atmel AVR 1284P, the other brother of the ever popular 328P on the Arduino Uno.
The satellite is only 100mm x 100mm, and a few mm thick. It has solar panels on both sides and a capacitor bank, allowing for any natural spin to occur. An MPPT keeps the (not included) lithium polymer battery charged.
The 1284P controls all aspects of the mini space-fairing vehicle. Temperature sensors adorn the main board and underneath the battery, an environmental pressure sensor provides temperature, humidity, pressure, and VOC. A footprint for an RFM9x/g-NiceRF module allows for 160mW of LoRa, FSK and OOK transmission with built in TCXO. An on board RTC and EEPROM allows the satellite to perform store-and-forward operations -- receiving in one earth transmission and potentially transmitting at another!
- Dimensions: 100mm x 100mm x 4mm
- Weight: <10g
- 8x 123mW monocrystaline solar cells (MPP: 2.23 @ 55mA)
- Radio: SX1262 LoRa/xFSK/OOK with 160mW @ 420-450MHz
- Radio contains TCXO, allowing for the most narrow of LoRa modes
- Antenna wire port with counterpose port
- Earth to ground transmission estimated with 20-30dB link margin
- On board MPPT charger for optional lithium ion polymer battery
- 6000uF @ 0.035 ESR ohm capacitor bank counteracts satellite spin, allows night operation
- Solar and battery voltage sensors
- Dual temperature sensors: ambient and battery (TCN75A)
- Real Time Clock (DS3231M)
- On board flash memory (24LC1025)
- BME280 module for pressure, humidity, and temperature sensing
- FTDI Arduino programming header
- ICSP AVR programmer header
- Port A breakout (PA0-PA4) with power and ground for GPS and other accessories
- 6 LED status indicator
- Probably space worthy -- seeking beta testers!