Note, this is the module only. We will be releasing a breakout board soon!
This G-NiceRF LORA1280F27 module comes with a serious amount of power at 2.4GHz: 500mW!
What is the Semtech SX1280? It’s a 2.4GHz version of the extremely popular SX127x LoRa line. We carry G-NiceRF variant that can transmit at an insane 500mW -- more than most WiFi devices!
The G-NiceRF module comes completely shielded.
The SX1280 has faster LoRa modes and a new modulation technique called FLRC, which stands for Fast Long Range Communication, which is a spread spectrum mode with FEC (forward error correction). It also supports traditional modes such as GFSK and FSK. A "BLE compatible" PHY is also supported, but you would have to write your own BLE stack.
Most interestingly, it also can determine the distance between two transmitters with a reasonable amount of accuracy! Stuart Robinson has a great write up on his range testing, which was accurate to about 100m or so. He also had an impressive 89km of range while operating on a balloon.
In addition to an SPI mode, it also can support serial UART, making the development process a little higher for high speed data applications.
- SX1280 with TCXO and RF shield
- 500mW power amplifier
- Frequency range: 2400-2500MHz
- LoRa receive sensitivity down to -132 (SF12, BW 203 kHz)
- Lora Bit rates from 476 bps (SF12, BW 203kHz) to 202kbps (SF5, BW 1625 kHz)
- LoRa ranging engine using time-of-flight (~100 meters accuracy)
- FLRC bitrates from 260kbps to 1300kbps
- FLRC sensitivity down to -106 dBm (130kbps effective with CR1/2)
- FLRC high speed sensitivity down to -97 dBm (1.3Mbps, CR 1/2)
- FSK sensitivity down to -102 dBm @ 250kbps
Pinouts and Other Data of Interest
RF Power Output Information