The L298N is a versatile motor driver used for controlling high powered motors with low voltage / low current microcontrollers.
Since it is an H-Bridge, it can drive the motor forward or backwards.
The L298N allows for voltages from 5V to 35V (24V max suggested) and is perfect for 12VDC robotic and R/C motors. It supports up to 2 amps, with a maximum power of 25 watts.
The board features heat sink, large capacitors, protection diodes, and ports for two motors.
- Voltage range: 5V to 35V
- Maximum amperage for all channels combined: 2A
- Maximum wattage for all channels combined: 25W
- Screw terminals for motor wiring and power supply
- H-Bridge motor driver circuit
- Digitally control two motors independently using GPIO or PWM
- Control motor speed with PWM (analogWrite)
- Can drive motors forward or reverse independently
- Supports both stepper and DC motors
- Motor A +
- Motor A -
- 12V jumper (remove if your motor supply voltage is greater than 12VDC)
- Motor supply voltage (35V max)
- 5V out if 12V jumper is in place
- Motor A enable jumper, jump if using a stepper or connect PWM for DC motor speed control
- IN1 (Motor A direction control)
- IN2 (Motor A direction control)
- IN3 (Motor B direction control)
- IN4 (Motor B direction control)
- Motor B enable jumper, jump if using a stepper or connect PWM for DC motor speed control
- Motor B +
- Motor B -
Motor A Logic Table
Motor B Logic Table