The BME280 is a highly accurate Bosch component for measuring barometric pressure, humidity, and ambient temperature.
When properly calibrated, its pressure sensor is accurate enough to operate as an altimeter, with a resolution of 1 meter.
This makes the sensor useful for drones, high altitude balloon launches, and hikes in the mountains.
- Pressure operating range from 300 to 1100 hPa (for full accuracy)
- Absolute accuracy: +/- 1 hPa (0.12 hPa typical), or about 1 meter
- Humidity: +/- 3% accuracy (0-100%)
- Temperature: -40C to 85C
- Voltage range: 1.2-3.6V (Level shifting required for 5V microcontrollers)
- Communications: I2C, SPI (Configured for I2C communication)
- BME280 board
- Header pins for soldering