The RTL-SDR is a software defined radio receiver that allows the user to receive radio signals right on their computer! All you need is a USB port and some free software.
Using popular free software packages such as SDR# or CubicSDR, you can receive any frequency from 22MHz to 946MHz, including 7 amateur radio bands, police, fire, medical, weather satellites, FM radio and more. While not suitable for ADS-B, the FC0012 can tune lower into the HF band compared to other models, such as the 12 meter band and CB radio.
Free software is available for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. You can even build a receiver using a Raspberry Pi.
The RTL-SDR should be the part of every ham shack!
You can use RTL-SDR to receive test signals from our HamShields and LoRa modules.
- FC0012 tuner
- MCX Antenna Connector
- Frequency range: 22MHz to 946MHz
- Bandwidth: 3.2MHz
- Platforms: Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux
- Free software available supports nearly every modulation possible
What's in the Box
- Starter magnetic antenna with MCX connector
- Remote and CD you probably won't need